Courses for Master Students
For Master students in Computer Science or in related programs, we regularly offer the following courses:
- Lecture Data Mining Algorithms I (DMA1, 6 ECTS, Winter)
Knowledge discovery in databases, data warehousing, generalization, clustering, classification, frequent pattern mining and association rules, multidimensional indexing structures
- Lecture Data Mining Algorithms II (DMA2, 6 ECTS, Summer)
Mining high-dimensional data, mining graph and network data, mining dynamic stream data.
- Lecture Content-based Multimedia Search (CBMS, 6 ECTS, Winter)
Similarity models for color images, time series, geometric shapes, graphs; approximations and multi-step algorithms for efficient similarity query processing
- Seminar on recent topics in Data Mining and Exploration (4 ECTS)
- Lab course on Data Mining Algorithmen (7 ECTS)
- Colloquium of specialization (3 ECTS)
- Master Thesis (27 ECTS) and defending colloquium (3 ECTS)
Colloquium of Specialization (oral exam)
For the oral colloquium in the Master program Informatik, please choose three of the following modules (at least two of Prof. Seidl) and come with the filled Prüfungsbogen to the office hour.
- Data Mining Algorithms I (DMA1, 6 ECTS, Prof. Seidl)
Material: slides; Han, Kamber: Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques.
- Data Mining Algorithms II (DMA2, 6 ECTS, Prof. Seidl)
- Content-based Multimedia Search (CBMS, 6 ECTS, Prof. Seidl)
- Artificial Intelligence (6 ECTS, Prof. Lakemeyer)
Material: Russell, Norvig: Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach (2nd Ed.), Kap. 2-4, 6-7, 9, 11, 13-14, 18; Nilsson: Artificial Intelligence: A New Synthesis; Winston: Artificial Intelligence (3rd Ed.)
- Implementation of Databases (6 ECTS, Prof. Jarke)
Material: Härder, Rahm: Datenbanksysteme - Konzepte und Techniken der Implementierung (2. Aufl.), Teile I, IV, V (supplementary Kemper, Eickler, 4.- 7. Aufl.: Kap. 7-11)